Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Time Between Times

Since last weekend, two of my friends have found themselves in that marvelous time unique to Provo wherein they were forced to move out of their apartment, but can't move into their new one for two weeks. Normally, this would have them sleeping in cars, park benches, photo booths, clothing hampers on the sidewalk, or any number of small containers. But I have allowed them to stay with me. Since I am the only one in the apartment, it's no big deal, but since I am moving out myself in a week or so, the apartment has adopted sort of a warehouse feel, boxes stacked to the ceiling, unopened bags of generic cereal on the table, and the number of Mechwarrior figurines in the apartment has increased dramatically. And isn't that what really matters?


1 comment:

Joel said...

What two friends?